Thursday, August 26, 2010

my summer hiatus in the States

So I've taken a rather long break from this blog and the Glocal Eating website while at home in the U.S. for the summer.  Instead of writing about Italian food, I was busy trying to reproduce it for my family and friends in Nebraska.  Here's the pesto I made with fresh basil from my mother's garden and some pasta carbonara. The other picture is of a Parmesan and breadcrumb stuffed artichoke. I'll put some more photos of that up on the Glocal Eating food fotography page once I get the chance. I also returned to a part-time job in the food industry. In high school, I worked in a Mexican restaurant, in college a global crêperie, and this summer to put away some of that credit card debt, a great little Italian-American place called in Zurlo's in west Omaha where everything might have been a little tweaked for the American palette, it was all made from scratch and delicious!













For now, here are some pictures of the local farmers' markets I managed to visit:


 


And last but not least (although I didn't take very good pictures here), the new Aksarben Farmers' Market in Omaha, NE - August
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home